A bountiful harvest

 
Our wee garden has produced quite a bit of food for us in the last few weeks!  The cherry tomatoes are like candy and the boys just love taking a break from playing out back to have an impromptu snack.  We also got several cucumbers (although I have not yet tested them for bitterness), jalapeno peppers, tons of herbs, and beautiful Swiss chard in red and yellow.  I used some yesterday in a pizza and I must say - it was delicious!
We don't have a lot of cutting flowers to bring indoors, but in trimming one of the hydrangeas out front I got enough branches for a mantel bouquet.  I think this is the Oak Leaf variety?  Our big Annabelle puff balls have stayed green all summer and didn't turn white at all - anyone have any idea why? Ah, the mysteries of gardening...

3 comments:

  1. Ooooh I've never seen yellow swiss chard! I have to plant some next yar I hear it grows like a weed! Looks delicious. And your arrangement looks awesome. My new favourite thing is cutting leaves (they last a super long time too)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so jealous of your garden. I would love to grow veggies. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It really does grow like a weed Heather - I have been giving it away to neighbours as I really don't know what to do with it all! Maggie, it is such a small section of the garden, and you could even mix the chard in with other plants - it looks so pretty growing.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comment - they always make my day!