Happy Belated Earth Day!

Yes, I am aware that Earth Day has come and gone, but as any of my friends will tell you, I am not so good at remembering things on the actual day they occur.  I will note that they are coming up, with a mental "Must Remember!" and then remember again a day or two after the fact.  (Speaking of which HAPPY BIRTHDAY SELINA!!)  I have decided it is just one of those things about me that I have to embrace, because I can't seem to fix it.

So since I have a day of house cleaning ahead of me, I thought I would do a quick roundup of some of the eco cleaning options out there.
First up are these intriguing Eco Scrubbies available on Etsy.  They look like crocheted little poufs, but made with some cool scratchy material.  I want one.  I am sure you could buy something similar, but as you know I am all for buying something handmade insead.

Etsy also has tons of options for dusting - especially for Swiffer dusters.
There's the flannel Swiffer floor duster covers ($7 for 4),

the terry cloth version ($10 for 4),

Or the reversible crochet version ($8 for 1).

Of course, there is always the option of making your own - here is the pattern for the above crochet version.


For the swiffer/pledge duster, there are these fleece covers that can of course be washed over and over!

And remember all that tshirt yarn?  Why not knit up a few colourful washcloths?
Bundle them up, include a few of these sturdy (and handsome) spray bottles from Ikea ($1.79 each)
some baking soda, Borax, vinegar, and a few recipes for homemade cleaners, and you have a nice Earth Day gift!

You know...for next year...if you remember.

1 comment:

  1. So smart! I have some leftover flannel from my sister-in-law's crib bedding. I'm going to make some swiffer cloths - I'm forever running out. Simple idea, but brilliant.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comment - they always make my day!