Photo School J to N

j is for Japanese tea set
J is for Japanese Tea Set

Wow, this Souvenir Foto School* course is going quickly, and there are days it is all I can do to get a photo in in time.  I am actually not as happy with these as I was with the last batches - they were all rushed and don't feel like they are as good as I would have liked to make them, but that's life I guess - sometimes great, sometimes crap!  Fear not, I won't bore you with a litany of all the flaws I see in each one.  I do like the one of the boys, their expressions are perfect, and I want to munch on those chubby little legs**.  The 'M is for Music' one of course is me (I was holding the camera in the other hand to take the shot - rest assured it took more than one try to even get myself in the frame) so I don't like it.  Yes, I know I am too old to be so neurotic, but the truth is I am always shocked to see that what I look like is so different from what I think I look like!  I am sure if it was someone else's face in the same photo it wouldn't be so bad.  As a reminder, my theme is A Few Of My Favourite Things***.

k is for kids
K is for Kiddos

L is for Lemon Tree
L is for Lemon Tree

M is for Music
M is for Music


N is for New Brunswick
N is for New Brunswick
*This awesome course is taught by Tristan of Besotted Brand Blog and I LOVE IT and her.

**What on earth is the connection of women wanting to EAT adorable children?  Rather twisted really...

***Do you have that song in your head now?  No?  How about now?  I do.

6 comments:

  1. i hate the sound of my voice recorded...and i only ever like the way i look in photos 5 years later!
    be kind to yourself! some of these are wicked! some just weird...actually none are weird yet...

    ReplyDelete
  2. HAHAHA I will get to weird yet Shannon, have no fear. Thanks for your kind words - I normally don't spend much time thinking about it (how I look in photos), but then I am normally not photoshopping my own face either... :)  And speaking of photos of oneself, your selfie was stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks! I want to take more self portraits...because I want to have life documented...you know? Its so easy to forget little things! Plus it gave me a reason to comb my hair :)

    I had Tyler stand on the chair to focus the shot...I also got a few nice shots of me and the two boys...those are really the best from that day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh that is worth the most for sure!  I find since I am the "photographer" in the family I don't have nearly enough photos of me with the boys.

    ReplyDelete
  5. No pants! I love that shot. And I love your self-portrait, too. Be kind to yourself, Lisa. You're lovely, and you should take lots of photos that so when you're old (and still lovely), you can see how young and lovely you were.

    ReplyDelete
  6. related: I wished I were doing this session with you, but was too much to take on with the new job. Enjoying vicariously through your posts.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comment - they always make my day!