Another Lucky Score!

As I brought my kids out to the car this morning to take them to music class, I saw a few things by the garbage bins at the end of our shared driveway.  Yes, that's right, my neighbour put out this old ashtray stand.  Like a magpie with a penchant for brass, I grabbed it, stashed it in our front porch, and went back to buckling the kids in.
When I came home again I saw it was quite scratched and worn, and was missing the ashtray inset.  No matter, I wiped the dust off and plunked in a plant.  The plate I had underneath fit absolutely perfectly.  Perhaps one day I will polish it and see how it turns out, but for now I am happy with my new plant stand!
They say good things come in three's - I am super excited to see what the garbage gods bring next!

6 comments:

  1. "magpie with a penchant for brass"....hahah so funny. Indeed a score...looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Grace @ sense and simplicityFebruary 8, 2012 at 7:14 PM

    Oh the garbage gods were surely shining on you today.  I love that you put a plant in it.  I'm not sure I would have thought of it, but it is a perfect way to use it.  I really like the patina and would hate to see it all shiny and flashy looking.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Grace, I agree - I like the well-worn brass look.  Too shiny is too 80's for me!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is 100% awesome sauce!!! WELL DONE FRIEND! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dharma@WannabeMermaidFebruary 9, 2012 at 11:35 AM

    All Hail!!!!! Nice score.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comment - they always make my day!