offcutstudio

I love finding beautiful, handmade, one-of-a-kind things on Etsy, and I get an extra charge when I see they are made in Canada, especially when they are local to me.  These beautiful wood objects by Toronto craftsman Cameron MacLean fit the bill nicely - I am coveting the clocks, especially the walnut one above, but he also must just be a cool guy, because he makes wooden skate guards and bike fenders.  I don't think you can be boring and make those things... I just don't.  To add icing to the cake, they are made from the offcuts of other carpenters that would normally be thrown away - Cameron started woodworking by making things out of discarded furniture he found on the street.  You can see his Etsy shop here or visit him in the Distillery district.

2 comments:

  1. Very cool - love the practical but beautiful things like the bike fender and skate guards!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comment - they always make my day!