Music I like: Coeur de Pirate

Some fun music for you on this sunny Tuesday, care of Quebecois cutie Coeur de Pirate, aka Beatrice Martin.  At 21, this girl has crazy confidence, a fabulous voice, and obviously knows how to rock the tattoos.  In 2009, CBC Radio 3 gave her song Comme des Enfants a Bucky award for Best Reason to Learn French, but I don't think you need to understand to love her songs.  She does some fabulous covers of Umbrella and I Kissed a Girl on YouTube too... I hope these put a spring in your step today!


2 comments:

  1. I love Coeur de Pirate! Her music is so refreshing. Oh, and French CBC has a one hour broadcast of her concert from the Francofolies in Montreal this past June. It's worth checking out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fun! But man, is my French rusty.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comment - they always make my day!