Petra Börner


The international publishing company Bonnier Pocket is releasing these new covers for some classic novels in Sweden designed by Petra Börner, and I think they would be lovely as posters.  The one for Emma in particular stands out for me (probably because I love that book).  After seeing these covers on La Maison D'Anna G (a blog I highly recommend), I set out to find more about Ms. Börner.  It turns out that this Swedish artist living in London is a Jill-of-all-trades.  She not only does book covers, but packaging, stationary, ceramics, fabric design, drawings and prints.  Her breadth of talent is quite staggering.  Here are some of my favourites among her many works:

To explore more of Petra Börner's work, visit her website here.  Can you imagine being able to work on so many interesting projects?  Or do you think it is too much?

1 comment:

  1. I just awarded you!

    http://8foot6.blogspot.com/2011/10/celebration-versatile-blogger-award.html

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comment - they always make my day!