The return of the blogger



Wow, that was the longest I have been away from my computer since, well, since computers were invented I think.  I had a fabulous visit out west, in Calgary, Canmore, Vancouver and Kelowna.  It was epic, and now you have to suffer through the photos - all 3 of you who hung in there, waiting (thanks guys!!).

First up I just had to take a million photos of my Aunt's place in Vancouver.  It is maybe 500 square feet, and she has it looking like something straight out of a magazine.  She is my design Yoda.  It is a shame that she didn't have a WAY better photographer, because I really did not do it justice.  And I didn't even get to the bedroom, which was gorgeous, because she let me and my 11-month-old stay there and we messed it up right away.  There were just so many details to fawn over in her place.  I hope you enjoy it as much as I did!
Sigh - that RUG.
I really loved this table, which is a mirror she turned upside-down, cause she liked this side better.

This plant is amazing, it is called a stag-horn fern and apparently grows to 3 feet! I need one, bad.
Thanks for the hospitality Aunt D!  And thanks to anyone who stuck around during my prolonged absence.  The game is back on!

10 comments:

  1. I am still here...willing and waiting!! Ha, that is a lovely lovely home.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahhhhhh - I dream of the things we can do to wherever we're living once the kids move out!
    Glad to see you're back online. Hopefully we'll be able to meet face to face one of these days.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Meli! It makes me so happy to know you are out there reading! Kendra, we just missed you, but I know we will have to get together eventually, right?? :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love love love the teacups!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That ready-to-go tea tray looks so...civilized. Now I see that you come by your great style genetically...makes total sense.

    The interwebs missed you, Lisa. Welcome back.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a gorgeous home! It is so beautifully decorated and light and bright :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hooray! You're back! :-)

    And what a lovely home!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my gosh you guys, your comments make me so happy.
    Alyson, the teacups were my grandmother's, aren't they amazing? I love them too.
    Blake - you rule, thanks for the love.
    Amanda, the windows in her place were so huge, funny how light makes all the difference.
    Lynn, you made my day! And wow your photostream is unbelievable. Really wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your photos are really nice, don't sell yourself short! And your aunt definitely knows how to decorate. I love her style.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks Deanna! Someday I will take a course...someday... :) And yeah, my auntie has always had amazing style. Her hand-me-downs are many of my favourite items!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comment - they always make my day!