I just saw this hilarious post on Suburban Snapshots and just had to re-post it. It is pretty funny, especially the added comments below. Hey - university parties were fun, right? Oh but Mum, I only heard about them from other people...
Ten reasons raising a toddler is like being at a frat party:
10. There are half-full, brightly-colored plastic cups on the floor in every room. Three are in the bathtub.
9. There's always that one girl, bawling her eyes out in a corner.
8. It's best not to assume that the person closest to you has any control over their digestive function.
7. You sneak off to the bathroom knowing that as soon as you sit down, someone's going to start banging on the door.
6. Probably 80% of the stains on the furniture contain DNA.
5. You've got someone in your face at 3 a.m. looking for a drink.
4. There's definitely going to be a fight.
3. You're not sure whether anything you're doing is right, you just hope it won't get you arrested.
2. There are crumpled-up underpants everywhere.
1. You wake up wondering exactly how and when the person in bed with you got there.
My favourite additions from the comments:
- At least one person is lying on the floor, either face up or face down, singing at the top of their lungs.
- You ask the two nearly naked girls what they're doing and they say they're having a 'naked underwear party.'
- There is a pretty girl alternately screaming and crying at you (or at nothing) from the staircase.
- You look inside the "clean" cups for offending material before filling with a drinkable liquid.
- You find yourself saying things you never thought you'd say- like: "Please stop licking the dog"
- Someone has pee on their pants and marker all over their face.
Oh yeah. Good times. Gooooood times. Anyway, Brenna's blog is hilarious, and so on the money. Check it out if you are a mom.