Jennifer Squires Photography

I had to search my own blog to make sure I hadn't already posted about Jennifer Squires because I first bookmarked her page last summer and I guess had never gotten around to writing about her.  Her images are tranquil, quiet, and serene.  They no doubt appeal to me because these moments are few and far between in my own life!

Jennifer and her husband run a photography business out of London, Ontario, and most of her images are taken using natural light around Southern Ontario.  In fact, this absolutely insane dedicated professional often gets up at the ungodly hour of 3 am to get to her site and set up in time to capture the first light of the day.  Her blog is a wealth of information on early morning photography using long exposures and the detailed techniques of her craft.  She also has lovely monthly desktop calendars for download, so I suggest to stop by for a peek.
They are so quiet and soothing - they would set a lovely mood in a minimally-designed home if blown up several feet high and put behind the couch or dining room table, don't you think?


All photos courtesy of jennifersquires.ca

6 comments:

  1. Lindsey @ RecreatedJuly 26, 2012 at 12:30 PM

    Gorgeous work!  So calming...

    ReplyDelete
  2. These photos are amazing. Totally can see them being used around the house....and she's a Canadian too! Great post!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know - like a deep breath!  I would love the big blue one huge over my bed...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks!!  Yes, I love it when I find out an artist I admire is Canadian - bonus! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you so much for such a lovely article! I'm really happy you find my photographs so soothing, makes what I do seem all the more worthwhile. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comment - they always make my day!