Hammock Heaven

Rachel at Black*Eiffel posted the other day about this public building in Vienna that contains nothing but hammocks.  They call it the Bat House, as the empty hammocks hang like sleeping bats.  It looks out on museums and their grounds near MQ Vorplatz.  Gosh, how many times did I wish I had a hammock on a lunch break downtown?  Too many to count (I LOVE a nice relaxing hammock).  I don't suppose Toronto will get one of these any time soon - this would be considered "gravy" I am pretty sure. :)










Designed by Heri & Salli | Photos by Mischa Erben 

4 comments:

  1. I don't think we will get a hammock house, nor do I think we will get a giant boobie statue!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is amazing! And yes, love the boobie statue or balloon or whatever. The Bat house looks so peaceful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I do also enjoy the boob sculpture. :) Maybe I will donate one to the city, in honour of our current mayor.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a cool idea. This would be a great addition to Toronto for 2 months of the year ;-)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comment - they always make my day!