The Red Bed

Somehow my Baby Will turned 3 yesterday - not quite sure how that happened, you know, since he is my little BABY and all, but it seems I have no say in this matter.  Coincidentally, I finally finished painting his new bed last weekend and while he was out for a walk with his Baba, I put together a whole new room for him for his birthday.  "Wow," he said, "It's all niced-up!!"  Thanks Dude.
It took me two weekends (thankfully they were nice and sunny) and 5 coats to paint this puppy...red is NOT an easy colour!  It still looks uneven if you look closely, but Will doesn't seem to mind.  And I love the red bed.  It was my brother's growing up and I think has been in the family for generations before that.  It is obviously hand-turned as all the spindles are different sizes and thicknesses.  So I am thrilled to have it in Will's room, although I got a bit teary taking apart his crib/bed, remembering being all fat and preggo putting it together.  Al least I could console myself in designing a new room.

7 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh! i love it. Total stunner. It took my breath away. the room is awesome and the bed completes it! Way to go. Soooooo cute. xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Momma has some GOOOOOD taste! The room looks great! LOVE THE RED! I picked up a similar bed off Craigslist that had been in someone else's family forever...on one hand i can't wait to set up his room, but then again, I am ok with my little guy staying in his crib a bit longer (he is only 17 months)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday! I love how Will's room has evolved - it looks fantastic. You've been so incredibly lucky to get so many years out of the crib - and very lucky to have the 'family' bed.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful bedroom and I ADORE that red bed - such a gorgeous piece of furniture!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That looks fantastic! What little boy wouldn't love a red bed like that. The whole room is fabulous. Good job momma!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I found you through Ohdeedoh. I love, love, love Will's room. I have a beautiful toddler bed that my father made for my three year old daughter and I am thinking of painting it red! I am wondering what kind of paint did you use and if you used anything else to finish it. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey there....do you know what color you used and have any tips for doing this my self to an old wooden bed?  Love it.

    Thanks,

    Lisa

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comment - they always make my day!