I love this whimsical DIY chandelier from Aunt Peaches and featured on Design*Sponge.  It looks great the way it is styled in these photos and could easily go in any room in the house.  However, as soon as I saw it I wished I had seen it about a year and a half ago when I was designing Cam's room.  It would not only look nice over the change table or in the corner in place of the rice paper lantern lights, but the shapes and shadows would be so attractive to a little babe - don't you think?  Provided you can find enough straws of different colours (dollar store?  party store?) it would be an easy weekend project.  I will add it to the 'when I have a free weekend' list... :)

Aunt Peaches is Queen of the creative DIY by the way, her site is full of ideas I would love to have time to try!
 Colourful necklace made with barrettes...
 Fun and original fall wreath
 Gorgeous coffee filter dahlias
And fabulous art made from paint chips!  (I always knew I was keeping them for something!!)  Let me know if you try any!

1 comment:

  1. ikea always has great coloured straws for cheap...

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comment - they always make my day!