Happy Father's Day... (better late than never?)


It's the thought that counts, right?  So, although I am a week behind in posting this, my thought is that I unknowingly married the best dad in the world - fun, funny, kind, loving, generous, present, and grateful.  I could not have mail ordered a better role model for my two boys.  If they grow up anything like their father, they are going to be simply amazing people (and I would put any amount of money on that one!).

The above photos are by the lovely and (obviously) talented Maegan Guerette, who did family portraits as a fundraiser for Cameron's nursery school.  Have I mentioned how much I love his nursery school?  I really do.  I am thinking of having another kid just so I can send them to this nursery school.  (Joke.)

We spent Father's Day camping for the first time since the boys were born, and I think we waited just the right amount of time, to be honest.  It was fun for everyone, everyone got sleep, and even though it poured rain during the night and we woke up, um, damp, I am calling it a Big Win.  I am so looking forward to doing more and would like to give a shout out to our co-camping support family the Haurilaks (check out Michelle's amazing blog).


So to all the dad's out there, including my awesomely creative and UNIQUE Dad and my wise and generous father-in-law, know that you are loved, and that your impact on our lives cannot be measured or understated.  Happy Belated Father's Day. xo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comment - they always make my day!