Craig's List Roundup

Lovely simple lines on this iron bed - $100
It's been a while since I trolled around Craigslist looking for things I don't need - I have had no need, what with The Listings List bringing me all the good stuff with a fantastic dose of snarky humour.  But tonight the hubby is out and I am too tired to do any work but too wired to go to bed early, so treasure trolling it is.  Here are a few things that caught my eye amongst the insanely overpriced junk and car parts:

Art deco-shaped brass and glass shelves - $175
Oh-so-chic brass pendants with filament bulbs, two for $210 (so you know they want $200) isn't a crazy price...
'K, don't even really read this one... this kilim is mine (for $175).  Sorry honey, it has to be done.
LOVE the straight square lines on this brass headhttp://toronto.en.craigslist.ca/tor/atq/3847527990.htmlboard.  LOVE.  WANT. $300
Looking beat-to-hell, but isn't that the point with these lamps?  All that character, in working order... for only $35!  You know this would be at least double that at SMASH.
A lovely walnut dresser with completely the wrong knobs (imho) - $225
Are these ugly?  I kind of love them - brass and rosewood flatware for $80
"Retro" light from Union Lighting means you won't need to rewire it! - $75
Sometimes a half-moon console table is just the right size for awkward spaces.  This guys has a nice shape, but it is looking a little rough, so I would talk them down... from $30.
Oh spool beds, how I love you. I really do. Even for $300.
 Anything tempt you?  Do you think I might have a thing for wood and brass?  Maybe?

3 comments:

  1. I saw the brass glass etagere the other day and I was really tempted. I also really like the spindle bed. I wish I had a spot at home for them. Oh well, maybe a newer and bigger house. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha, isn't that the truth! Amazing how this house seemed ENORMOUS when we first got it, and now it is stuffed to the gills...

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comment - they always make my day!