I could not stop thinking of Gran and wishing she were there with me. How many times did she call me randomly at University and start off with "Sweetheart, I was watching Oprah..."?
"Sweetheart, I was watching Oprah....and if you were a lesbian, you could tell me."
"Sweetheart, I was watching Oprah...if you are doing drugs, you have to tell me."
"Lisa honey, I was watching Oprah...and I just had to call and tell you how proud I am of you."
Thanks Oprah, for prompting all those wonderful, and sometimes hilarious phone calls. xo
- Forgiveness is being able to able to give up the hope that the past could be any different.
- Until you clean the wounds of the past, you will continue to bleed into the future.
- Holding on to resentment is like holding your breath - you'll eventually suffocate.
- Don't strive for success, strive for significance and excellence, and success will follow.
- There are 'Gallon" people and "Pint" people. You have to adjust your expectations of someone based on their capacity (They might be giving their all). And if you are a Gallon person, you can't have only Pint people in your life.
- Empowering your past robs power from your present.
- And my favourite: Forgiveness is a laxative for the soul.
Look for these all prettied-up in Pinterest soon. :0 Thank you again Lisa and Mike for giving me this tremendous experience. I feel like it gets more amazing the more I think of it! Did anyone else see the Mighty Oprah? Did you have any A-HA moments?