Cam has been having sleep troubles lately (ergo, we have all been having sleep troubles lately). In an effort to entice him to stay in HIS bed, we pulled out the turned-wood bedframe I bought at an auction in New Brunswick. I had intended to paint the frame, but I actually like the worn walnut colour. Of course this prompted some full-on decor strategizing, and before I knew it I had the boys watching Netflix and was opening a mostly-full can of the paint left over from the basement.
The bed required a new mattress, so I headed to Ikea. While I was there...I realized we would need a new duvet, and why not this young-but-not-too-cutesy duvet cover? It's a dangerous place, that Ikea.
Other than that, the room cost $0. All the big artworks on the north wall were feeling a bit too heavy for me, so I took them all down (except for Yara's of course!). Suddenly I remembered these wooden figures were sitting in the garage, waiting for the perfect spot. My neighbour had them out for a garage sale a few years ago (he's an antiques dealer) and when I asked about them he gave them to us. I love the style of them - they look straight out of TinTin to me. I have no idea what they were originally used for - they are all two-sided.
I flipped up the Expedit shelf, and got rid of the little dresser - meaning all Cam's clothes had to go in the baskets (the white dresser is actually full of my husband's clothes!). The artwork is mostly the same - Chris insisted that the elephant stay - and I love this photo of Chris and his brother when they were little. I grabbed these un-used curtains and although they aren't very 'kid's room', I like how they go with the grey and white furniture. I have a bigger, more substantial curtain rod I would like to put in, but it didn't get done - YET!
So to recap, it went from this:
And I might be done. For now.