Knitting Madness

I blame the snow.  I am suddenly consumed by a desire to knit, and I am not sure where it comes from!  But after seeing this cowl, I knew it had to be made.  I just finished it last week - it is the biggest thing I have ever knit, taking 3 skeins of wool.  It is the neatest stitch, although it shows all of my glaring mistakes and dropped stitches.  But it is so snuggly I just love it.  It would make an amazing blanket!
It puts my last cowl attempt to shame.  This grey one below was my first attempt at a cowl and I kind of made it up as I went along.  I didn't knit it on circular needles so it has a big seam, and it isn't short enough to be snug, or long enough to wrap around twice.  But it isn't bad to just throw on around the house when I need a little extra something!
And yesterday I had my friend Katie's baby shower (so excited Katie!!) and decided at 8 pm the night before that I needed to make her little guy a hat.  This resulting hat below was a pretty quick knit, especially after the more complicated herringbone.  It was my first attempt at knitting shapes - a star in this case - and doing French knots.  I think it turned out well for a few hours work!  I hope it keeps your special guy snuggly Katie. :)
I am now in the middle of yet another cowl - can one ever have too many?  Don't answer that Chris... I am trying to replicate the chunky cowls they had at the Gap this season, but in black.  We shall see how it goes!  Anyone else out there knitting obsessed?

9 comments:

  1. wow...how beautiful!...reminds me of herringbone (hope thats the word!)...baby hat is really sweet too...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh, I've had my eye on that cowl pattern too. Isn't it fab? Love yours! Happy Knitting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooo...I LOVE the herringbone stitch. Can you teach me!?!? I've been looking for the perfect cowl neck scarf and I believe this might be it. XO

    ReplyDelete
  4. fo realz? You made all of that? Shut the front freaky door! You are my new hero! AMAZING! xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice one. You should try sewing your own garments next. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love my hat, you did a great job, thanks Lisa!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What type of yarn did you use? It looks amazing and the great part about it is that no one will notice the dropped stitches but you!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comment - they always make my day!